The oil and gas industry are looking forward to the new OTD initiative “Contractors Market”. Expectations are high.
– This is a door opener for us at ABB. We expect to meet both new and existing customers and together find solutions to common challenges in the market, says Karla Rojas, bid manager at ABB.
17th & 18th of October, Norway’s largest annual oil exhibition, Offshore Technology Days (OTD), is scheduled for the 20th time at Sotra just outside Bergen. News of the year is that the organizers, Offshore Media Group, have put in place “Contractors Market”. Here the exhibitors get the opportunity to book one-to-one meetings with the contractors. Major companies such as Framo, TechnipFMC, ABB, Oceaneering and Aker Solutions have already announced their participation.
- The industry has a great focus on working differently and more efficiently than before. Then it’s very pleasing that Offshore Media Group looks in new directions and thinks in the same way as the industry. The fact that we now have an arena for good dialogue with the subcontractors at the OTD exhibition is absolutely superb, says Andreas Helgesen, Communications Manager at TechnipFMC.
– No one-man show
Rojas shares the same opinion as Helgesen. She and her colleagues at ABB are looking forward to the exhibition and will bring a minimum of five key people from the company.
- It’s important to meet our customers in this way. To meet the subcontractors face-to-face is something different than by phone and mail. We have a slogan that says we will work better together, and Contractors Market gives us the opportunity to do so. We must listen to each other. This is no one-man show, says Rojas.
Will lift the experience
Offshore Media Group has hosted OTD annually since its beginning in 1998. Both ABB and TechnipFMC thinks the exhibition over the years has developed into an important arena to make new contacts and networking.
- It’s a good oil exhibition that gives us the opportunity to meet local businesses. At the same time, we get the opportunity to showcase all the services we can deliver to both this and other industries, says Rojas.
Helgesen at TechnipFMC agrees with Rojas. He points at the organizers ability to think new and adapt to the market.
- It is important to have such good meeting places for industry. Offshore Media Group is capable of thinking new and different.
– Is Contractor Market something that the oil and gas industry has been missing?
- There has been a need to get more out of the participation at various exhibitions and conferences. So this has been a miss you did not know existed. Contractors Market is going to lift the experience, concludes Helgesen.