Norway’s largest annual oil exhibition celebrates 20 years.
– This year’s Offshore Technology Days will be incredibly exciting, but also important for the supplier industry. We are constantly working to improve the program and make it exciting & relevant for our customers, promises sales director Odd Eide Knudsen at Offshore Media Group (OMG).
The exhibition, which takes place on October 17-18, will be at Sotra just outside Bergen. After arranging Norway’s largest oil exhibition for 20 years, Eide Knudsen and the rest of OMG’s organizers know how to engage the visitors. This is confirmed through the great feedback & testimonials received from last year.
– We will continue with the successful “Operators Corner” where operators can have a sit-down with the suppliers. This was first introduced last year in Stavanger, and the feedback is very positive from both operators and exhibitors.
The Sales Director emphasizes the importance of taking both the advise and the praise from both the exhibitors and the visitors. OMG rely on open & honest dialogue with the various players in order to arrange as best an exhibition as possible. Therefore, they are launching a new service this year, that has been requested by their customers.
– Many companies speak directly with the contractors, not just the operators. To exploit this, we are pleased to introduce to OTD2018 an initiative called “Contractors Market“. Companies participating are TechnipFMC, Aker Solutions, ABB, Oceaneering and Framo who will provide key personnel to talk with the smaller companies. We strongly believe in this project and believe it will represent another valuable meeting opportunity.
It’s no secret that the industry has been through some tough years. It is therefore even more important to organize a oil exhibition where networking and knowledge-sharing are in focus.
– It has affected us all. It is up to us to deliver a high-quality exhibition with exciting content in order to position us in the best possible way for the upcoming change in the market. Operators Corner, Contractors Market and Petro Live are good examples of this. We rely on monitoring developments and using it as a starting point in our dialogue with suppliers.
– OTD is definitely an arena that is worth visiting. The exhibition is an incredibly good meeting place and Norway’s greatest arena for networking. We are looking forward to this year’s OTD, concludes Eide Knudsen